Sunday, April 15, 2012

More Marketing and Advertising Info


This reading is the second half of the marketing chapter. This involves different types of advertising techniques that are all different depending both on your personal product as well as the audience that you are trying to target. One main term that I learned through this chapter is the CPM or the “Cost Per Thousand”. This term or cost is what refers to how many pairs of eyes will see your advertising which therefore will effect the price of your advertising. An example of this is during the Super Bowl game when there are millions of people watching the game the price for those commercial slots in much higher. Now there are 13 main types of adversiting which include:

1.     Infomercial (TV)
2.     Printed Ads
3.     Mail-Order Catalogues
4.     Direct Selling Organizations
5.     Individual Direct Selling
6.     Radio Ads
7.     Press Releases and Articles
8.     Direct Mail to the Home
9.     Retail Stores
10. Internet (very cheap)
11. Yellow pages
12. New Papers
13. Online Magazines

However, my product I am hoping to target direct executive cooperation’s until I can make my way into the Dunkin Donuts, Campbell’s and Baby R’ Us market. However, if I cannot get into their large markets I will start selling individual products and therefore will need more advertising. Another piece of advertising I have thought of is teaming up with a company such as Dart and therefore allow the to do the advertising as well as giving them equity in my company. The author talks about a couple very bad ways to advertise. One example of this is pop up advertising. This is because it is usually associated with spam and in most cases viewers click out of these pop up as soon as possible. These are some of the main types of advertising that I have learned about in the last few days and how these different ways can help and hurt your business.  

No comments:

Post a Comment