Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ida Sanger, Gathering Info

Ida Sanger is a Sysco representitive who is associated with the Lawrence Academy food service. After emailing Mr. Cassidy and getting in touch with Ida Sanger I have asked her many question about the pricing and about the company that she works for. She has sent some of the many question that I have asked to the Solo Corporation which should be able to answer my question with better accuracy. I am hoping to get these prices for three main reason. First is to compare the price of their product to mine. Secondly to estimate a possible pricing range for my cup lid. Thirdly, is by find the possible price of manufacturing and the price that they are being sold to the distributer I will be able to understand the margin of the company. What this means is that the number one reason why I am nervous about starting this business is that my cup does not have a large production to retail price ratio. But is nearly a 2:1 and a recommended 5:1 is beneficial. If I can understand Solo or Dart's manufacturing to retail price ratio and if it is close to mine then I will know that this business can be successful. I have also been working on my business plan and have realized that the parts of the marketing section require much more details. What I learned is that by asking a person a simple question and using those numbers, I can gather a lot more information regarding the company than one may expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment