Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Kurt Cassidy Interview Recap


             Today in class I worked on finalizing my interview question. I talk to Mr. Cassidy outside of class today and he was extremely helpful and cooperative. He informed me on some of the prices that they purchased the Solo cups and cup lids for, for the dining hall. He also told me that he does not buy them straight from the company but rather from the distributer. LA’s dining hall services uses Sysco as their distributor. He is going to contact a woman named Ida Sanger who is the Sysco represented. I am hoping to talk to her about getting the price margin that they receive from selling these cups to LA. This will help me get closer to the cost of manufacturing that Dart does it for. From the future talk to Ida Sanger I will hopefully be able to have a connection into the Dart company. Although the cups in the dining hall are Solo cups, Dart just bought solo for 1 Billion dollars this month. Overall, as soon as I can get an accurate price for this product it will just put me closer to a price point.


                  Now for what I am learning about my self is about connections. It is very important to use connections to get to higher people or the people that can help you in the future. For example I am using Kurt Cassidy head of the dining hall to talk to a reprehensive in Sysco to eventually contact a high executive in the Dart of Solo company. Using connections and keeping healthy relationships with these people is very important to me. One thing I really have learned is how many internal connections an individual has. But what separates one individual from a successful individuals is learning how to use these connections to their advantage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment