Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Research and Mr. Stone



Today both in class and out of class I have been doing research. One of the most important parts of my products if finding out a price so that I can begin to gage the financials ((income/revenue, cost (fixed & variable). Also finding out the price to make it and the price to possibly make it while outsourcing will help me determine if this product will/ could be manufactured for 20% of the retail price. Therefore, if this company could be profitable. I am starting my research with: Sweat heart, Dart, International paper, and Smart lid to help gage a possible price range for manufacturing this cup lid. For the most part, I want to focus my week on calling small manufacturing companies and Co Op manufacturing plants to a price for production as well as to price a possible prototype. I also am hoping to contact Mr. Stone who is on the head of the Lawrence Academy Board of Trusties (stone athletic center) who has become a multi-millionaire in the plastic industry. I am hoping to try and talk to him later down the road when my product becomes more concrete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment