Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pricing

         Finding or accurately estimating the price for my Safe Sip has been one of the largest challenges I have faced. However, being able to price your product is extremely essential when determining the financials and cash flow. After doing research on the price of the price of an Dart Optima Recloseable Hot Cup Lid I could only find the retail price of the product which was approximately 6 cents. It is extremely hard to find the price of strictly the manufacturing cost. This would allow the consumer to calculate their margin and therefore companies rarely release that information.
                  However, the only main way I could determine the wholesale price of the product is to actually order or pretend to order a shipment. Therefore, my next way of  attack is to talk to the head of the Lawrence Academy Dinning hall Kurt Cassidy. Therefore, by being able to get our distributor for the dinning hall I could either contact the distributor or Dart itself. This would allow me to better gadget a potential price. Overall, my goal is to have an as exact price as I can for my potential safe sip by the upcoming Wednesdays. I plan to email him tomorrow and schedule a possible time to meet.  

1 comment:

  1. Great work, Brett! Make sure you continue to discuss your SKILLS and what you are learning about yourself (metacognition).

    ReplyDelete