Today I wrote a long email to a women named Ida
Sanger who is a distributer to Sysco, I asked her many questions about prices
both sale and whole sale prices for producing lids. I asked her for the price
of what her company buys the lids from Dart, Solo, etc and therefore I can hopefully
get a closer range of what my lid may cost for manufacturing. I also asked her
about the major expenses the Sysco pays for and how those prices play into the
distribution business. Some of the major expenses that I asked her for were,
utilities, transportation, storage, insurance, maintenance and a few others. By
gathering all of this information I will be able to better predict my finances
and the cash flow of the business. This is an extremely important aspect of the
company because depending on how these numbers turn out will help decide if
this company is worth pursuing. Ida responded and she is hoping to get back to
me with the answer of my many question be next week. Overall, as I previously mentioned,
what I am learning about my self if using the connection available around me to
contact individuals in the field that I need support in. Ida and Kurt have
already been extremely helpful and I am sure they will continue to be in the
future. Also, I have been learning and realizing how much work, research, and critical thinking goes into a business plan or a new product.
No comments:
Post a Comment